Innovative startups are beneficial to the economic growth, productivity, motivation and competitiveness of communities. Many startups have the drive, vision, focus, and desire to succeed, but may lack some of the other tools required to survive and maintain longevity.
Are you interested in early-stage investing or venture capital? Score 3 Ventures is seeking to train the venture capitalists of tomorrow. We are interested in helping to build businesses with owners who are still underrepresented in the industry. This includes women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, or any combination of the three.
Members of these communities are beginning to thrive in various business ventures, but enthusiasm for their participation is still fairly new. This means their support system could be minimal. This is where you come in.
The Score 3 Venture Fellowship is an immersive experience offering Women, People of Color and LGBTQ members access to participate in the work of a venture firm. Participants in this program, Score 3 Venture Fellows, will have direct access to Venture network partners that will invest in and mentor the fellows.
KNOWLEDGE. SOCIAL CAPITAL. PEER SUPPORT.
The Score 3 Venture Fellowship is a volunteer role offering real venture capital experience through all phases of the investment lifecycle.
“I liked how hands-on the experience was, from taking pitch meetings and being a major part in the decision making process to being able to lead a Due Diligence round.” -Yvonne Okafor, former Score 3 Fellow
Score 3 Fellows interact with industry experts and cultivate a network of peers, mentors and business partners. Source high-growth tech startups, manage deal-flow and engage with Score 3 Ventures subject matter experts. Collaborate with experienced and budding entrepreneurs in the investment industry and gain access to valuable knowledge and insights.
“The networking and learning who’s who in venture capital was great!” - Kris Franks, former Score 3 Fellow
Ultimately, society wins.
When the investment industry becomes more diverse, future investments will be made in more diverse founders. Score 3 Ventures strives to create financial and social equity through early-stage investing.
You can be part of this change. Apply to be a Score 3 Venture Fellow today.
OUR MISSION IS TO UNCOVER AND EMPOWER ORIGINAL PROBLEM SOLVERS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE FELLOWSHIP
Our biggest expectation...Growth! Our desire is that you will commit to the fellowship, learn from the fellowship which will lead to your growth. Much will be expected of you, but you can also expect a lot in return. Score 3 will offer support to ensure continued academic and professional success throughout the Fellowship. The program starts with a 1-2 month internship/training period. Upon successful completion of the internship, you will be granted a fellowship position and placed with a Venture Network Partner in a 1-2 year position. With this guidance, we expect you will eventually leap from fellow to future venture capitalist yourself.
Requirements for all Candidates:
- Be a Person of Color, a Woman, or an LGBTQ community member. We are bringing talented, diverse innovators to the table
- Have tremendous drive and hustle - we need to know if you have what it takes!
- A strong interest in working in Venture Capital or Private Equity
- Be a current MBA student, or enrolled in an advanced degree program
- Be willing to learn
- Have a passion for startups and venture
- Have a strong desire to help others
- Be a U.S. Citizen or possess a permanent U.S. work visa
Fellowship commitment and activities:
- Participate in Score 3 Venture’s three-month training internship to learn the industry, gain confidence in vetting deal flow, and prep for integration into an active angel group
- Pass the Score 3 Venture Fellowship Curriculum Test
- Attend virtual Score 3 Ventures meetings (twice per month)
- Attend all local angel group Group Meetings
- Source and manage deal flow from within the venture group's preferred geographic area
- Source and manage deal flow from within the Score 3 Founder national network
- Meet and evaluate entrepreneurs and recommend companies to attend the monthly local angel group screening meetings
- Attend local start-up and venture events to meet and evaluate startup teams
- Coach startups and connect them to appropriate Subject Matter Experts
These duties will be executed under the guidance of a venture group manager and the Score 3 team.
Duration of Fellowship
2-month training internship followed by placement with a venture group or VC
Once placed with a venture group: 1-year minimum commitment. 2-year maximum duration in the program.
Deadline - Applications accepted on a rolling basis
If you would like more information about the Score 3 Venture Fellowship program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org